Below are general guidelines and procedures for moves initiated by departments/organizations. Your unit may have other specific guidelines for you to follow. For campus-initiated moves, Space Management will coordinate these actions with your unit.
Moving Existing Furniture:
• Some furniture may be under warranty from the manufacturer and may need to be moved by an authorized vendor to maintain the warranty. BKM is one of these vendors. Their moving team will also move non-BKM furniture so you can use just one provider if preferred.
• Small moves on campus may be accommodated by Facilities Services Day Crew (Resource Management).
• Large moves may be accommodated by approved campus vendors. Procurement can provide information on current vendors.
• Vendors will generally provide moving boxes or crates as part of the moving service. Please coordinate with your preferred vendor for options.
• Campus building permits may be required for new furniture or existing furniture being attached to walls. Plan ahead to allow time for this process. More information on the permit process, as well as the link to the permit request, can be found on the PDC website. You may also need to confirm occupancy limits for multi-person rooms.
• Furniture purchased as part of a new building project may need to remain in the building. If you are unsure if it is appropriate to move your existing furniture, please contact Space Management for confirmation.
• Contact ITS Network Services to move telephone and data lines or to install new jacks. A work order should be placed on the Communications Work Order system (available on R’Space).
- Plan ahead to ensure jacks are available where you need them in the new space and that Communications can accommodate the line transfers on your requested date.
• EH&S has provided a Lab Equipment Relocation guideline document for reference
• Please direct additional questions to EH&S
Please ensure the released space is left clean of trash and unwanted furniture or other items – do not leave them behind for the next occupant.
• Unused furniture or equipment should be offered to your organization or future occupants. Any unwanted items in good condition can be sent to Material Management for campus re-sale. Contact Day Crew or your move vendor to coordinate the drop-off of items. Contact Material Management for requirements or restrictions.
- Custodial Services can provide a move-out clean up of office space however there is a charge for this service. Please plan ahead to place a work order for this service or allow time for your unit to ensure this work is done on moving day.